Point of Distribution (POD)
- Review FEMA NIMS training IS-26 Guides to Points of Distribution (POD).
- View a YouTube example of POD distribution.
- Public libraries are good POD locations because their locations are well known in the community.
- Distributions may include (Army/FEMA) blue tarps, hot meals, sand, ice, etc. In some cases distribution points can be pre-arranged through county emergency management.
- Miami-Dade Public Library will manage a regional POD and in return the county will assign public library staff only to public libraries in an emergency. For basic POD policies and procedures see Miami-Dade Public Library. (2008, July 15). Hurricane policy and procedures. Section “F” . Point of Distribution site. (see page 22).