Study findings suggest that public library managers may want to:
- Identify your library’s capacity to perform specific roles;
- Understand local emergency management’s focus;
- Meet with local government and emergency management to determine role priorities and clarify responsibilities;
- Adopt best practices for each role chosen;
- Share your best practices;
- Implement actions from the To Do list this hurricane season.
Signs on the door of a temporary Louisiana public library Credit: M. McKnight.