Cultural Organizations Liaison
Public library may serve as a liaison between emergency management and the community’s cultural organizations.
Cultural organizations may need to:
- Identify, prioritize and protect their key assets through coordination with others;
- Assist each other to respond to a hurricane;
- Coordinate their efforts when aiding community hurricane response;
- Establish a single point of emergency communication contact with emergency management.
- Model efforts include: Alliance for Response, COSTEP; HERA & 1000 Friends of Florida.
Hurricane Katrina relief drive at the Pirate Soul Museum : Key West, FL Credit: Dale M. McDonald Florida Electronic Library .